Friday, February 1, 2013

Who's Ready for Some Yankees Baseball?!


Sports are my passion. I have played sports ever since I was four years old and could kick a soccer ball.  I am now a Division I Cross Country and Track athlete.  Let's just say I have come a long way from first stepping onto the track.  That is besides the point, though. Sports teaches discipline, hard work, and determination. It has a way of bringing people together. Baseball, to be specific, is known as America's pastime. It is widely popular in other countries as well. 

As to what topic to write a blog about, for those who know me, the Yankees was an obvious choice.  The Yankees have won the most World Series championships amongst any other team in the MLB. Yankee fans are some of the most die-hard fans that you will come across. When a Yankee game is on, you will find me yelling at the television, stomping my feet, thinking the players can hear me. (Yes, I am one of those).  I probably go on the Yankees website or ESPN at least three times a day looking up any new information. I have been a devoted Yankee fan ever since I was a young girl, overhearing the heated discussions my dad and grandfather had during every game. 

Throughout this blog, I will be discussing the latest news and events for the Yankees.  From Alex Rodriguez's steroid scandal to the recently traded playersI will discuss it all. I am looking forward to writing about my passion for sports and for my favorite baseball team.  This blog is open for discussion, so feel free to comment any time you'd like. 

5 comments:

  1. You aren't alone! I too am the one yelling at the TV screaming and stomping my feet excessively! I've been a Yankees fan ever since I can remember as well! I grew up in the Bronx, not too far from the Stadium so it's a no-brainer I was going to be a Yankees fan! I know I will enjoy reading your blog and look forward to any/all topics you will discuss. Possibly the "invincible" A-rod and if his 647 home runs career is over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you grew up not too far from Yankee Stadium! The energy during game time around the Bronx is amazing. Feel free to comment on any of the blogs at any time! I look forward to having active discussion on the blog, especially it being about the Yankees. A-rod doesn't think his career is over in any sense, but with the new steroid information out and his possible season-ending surgery; we'll see what type of action the Yankees and the MLB will take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you inserted here. It's a rendition of the famous logo I've never seen before. As was the title picture of your blog. The grandness of Yankee stadium is incomparable. I hope one day I'll see a match in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ran! The experience of being at Yankee Stadium is one-of-a-kind. You definitely should try and go some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your layout. It's fun and pops out at you. I love baseball, and I'm a huge Yankees fan so I'm really excited to read your blog this semester.

    ReplyDelete