Tuesday, February 26, 2013

You've Got One Chance, One Opportunity...To Step In The Batter's Box That Is (Video Blog)

Yes, I know I quoted Eminem in my title.  Well, sort of.  I changed the lyrics around a bit, but I wanted to put a somewhat creative spin on my blog title to introduce the blog for this week.  Okay, so what if the batters have more than one chance and one opportunity?  Everyone gets the point, right?  It is about that feeling of stepping up to the plate, literally and figuratively, and using it in the most opportune way.  I decided to stray away from the facts about the Yankees on this blog post, and focus more about songs the players' use when they step up to the batter's box.  To be honest, I have not heard some of these songs; but who's to say they aren't good songs?  The whole point is to pump up the crowd and the player, himself. I just wanted to give you all an idea of what the players like to listen to. 

The New York Yankees Line-Up Songs:

1)  Alex Rodriguez-
 
 
2) Robinson Cano-                  Rack City: Tyga

 
3) Andy Pettitte-                 The Boys of Summer: Don Henley


 
4) Boone Logan-                Here Me Now: Hollywood Undead


5) Brett Gardner- Dirt Road Anthem: Jason Aldean

6) CC Sabathia-                        Big Poppa: Notorious B.I.G
 
7) Chris Stewart-
                                                      Skillet: Foresaken

8) Curtis Granderson-
                                  Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See You; Break Ya: Busta Rhymes

9) Derek Jeter- Otis: Jay-Z

10) Ichiro Suzuki-
                                              Party Rock Anthem: LMFAO
 
11) Mariano Rivera- Enter Sandman: Metallica

12) Mark Teixeira-
                                             I Wanna Rock: Twisted Sister
 
 
The names that I posted are not the entire Yankee line-up because I did not want to overwhelm you with too many songs. I did list some pitchers because I was interested to see what type of music helps get them in the zone as they are walking or running to the mound to pitch. 

Hope everyone enjoys the songs! Feel free to comment about what songs hype you up or motivate you to get moving!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love going to Yankees games and hearing all the different songs that go with each player. Do they chose the song themselves thay they come out to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I believe they choose the songs themselves. I don't think others would approve of some of the explicitive songs that some of the players use. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this so interesting! I remember my first time to a game and hearing their distinct song per player as they went to bat. It got me so hyped and excited for the play. It also amped up the crowd and kept them rooting for their amazing Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like how the music gets the crowd pumped up, especially knowing what player is going up to bat. I think the most interesting is what songs the pitchers use to get focused when they run out to the mound.

    ReplyDelete