Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wikipedia Post: Part II.

  They changed my comment I made to the Yankee Stadium Wikipedia page! Although I'm not quite surprised they changed my comments because some take these Wikipedia pages seriously, I still thought I had a valid point.  I have had many professors tell their students that Wikipedia is not a valid source for information because anyone can edit the page; It seems as though if you write something silly, they will correct your remark, but anyone can a comment on the page.  


  Here's what I wrote in my previous blog post concerning the Yankee Stadium Wikipedia page: The Yankee Stadium Tell-All.   

  As of now, the Yankee Stadium Wikipedia page says: "The stadium has also been criticized for its lack of fan noise. During a Sunday Night Baseball telecast in 2012, commentator and former Red Sox manager Terry Francona spoke about the different atmospheres in the old and new stadiums saying that "As a visiting team, especially for the Red Sox, by the time the (national) anthem was over, you couldn’t wait to get back in the dugout. Now (there is) a little different (kind) of fan sitting around down there by the dugout." Games at the new stadium do not feature the same deafening crowd moments and often sound eerily silent.[72] 





Yankee Stadium


 I thought it would be amusing to write the same comments in again that I had previous to it being deleted.  Yankee Stadium has always been a tough stadium to play in due to the amount of pressure the fans put on the players. The noise, especially during playoff season, is something to experience. The whole stadium is lit up; the fans are running around the streets chanting for the Yankees. Even some Yankee players, such as A.J. Burnett had a tough time playing in New York due to the amount of pressure. Baseball players from other teams look forward to playing here because of the experience. It is like no other stadium.

I decided to check back ten minutes later, and found a new message from a subscriber on WIkipedia, saying it is in no way meant for advertising or using a soapbox. I need to look at the Wikipedia policy page. Ha! It was worth a try to put my comment on the page.   

No comments:

Post a Comment